April 25, 2017 @ 6:30PM — 8:00PM
This presentation will begin with a brief overview of The Arc of New Jersey and its programs and services. We will then address many important SSI and Medicaid issues that families may not be aware of.
• What happens to SSI and Medicaid when the parent of an individual with I/DD retires, or if they become disabled, or pass away?
• What are the exceptions to DDD's requirement on having Medicaid?
• What are ABLE Accounts, and how can these accounts be helpful?
• What are PPP services and what is the process to access those services?
• What can families do if they are unable to locate a physician, dentist, or behavioral health provider within their son/daughter's Medicaid HMO network?
• What is a D-SNP and is it helpful for your son/daughter who has both Medicare and Medicaid?